Editors note: here is the text of a letter we sent to Great Falls City Commission/Mayor Candidates yesterday, 9/16/21. We will publish responses before ballots go out,
Greetings once again, Great Falls city commission/mayor candidates.
‘Thank you’ to those of you who responded to our request for a candidate profile.
In order to more fully inform our readers about where you stand on specific local issues we would like to give you the opportunity to answer the following questions:
- Would you vote to increase the Great Falls Park District 1 assessment on local homeowners and businesses to cover financing costs if the City goes over budget on construction of the new Aim High indoor aquatics facility, if additional funding is necessary for the ongoing operations of the facility, or if the City Park & Rec Department requires additional resources to fund its regular programs and operations?
- Should the City’s official policy regarding the Big Sky National Heritage Area and its agenda be to support, oppose, or remain neutral? The City’s current policy is to support.
- Would you vote to support using City zoning regulations to prevent recreational marijuana shops from operating in Great Falls neighborhoods and business districts?
- Would you vote to send a local public safety levy to Great Falls voters in order to pay for additional law enforcement and local criminal justice system resources?
- Which is a greater priority for Great Falls – low income housing or workforce housing?
- Would you vote to allow development in proximity to the currently unused runway at MAFB?
- Do you support or oppose the proposed ordinance to prohibit long-term parking/storage of RVs, boats, and trailers on public streets in residential neighborhoods?
We ask that your answers are clear and unambiguous and no more than one or two sentences per question.
Please send your responses in MS Word format to email@example.com by Monday, September 27. We will publish your submissions without edits or editorial comment.
Thank you and good luck in the upcoming election.
Editor/Publisher E-City Beat