Editors note: This is the second of two profiles featuring candidates running for Mayor of Great Falls.
Fred Burow – 2021 Candidate for Mayor of Great Falls
- People of Great Falls deserve a choice
- Age – 72 years young
- Married to wife Helen for 52 yrs
- Have 4 Grown children, 8 Grand Children and 4 Great Grand Children
- Personal Priorities –Church, Family and friends
- High school graduate
- World Wide College of Auctioneering graduate
- Professional Ring man course
- 20 yrs Farm builder
- 36 yrs Auction business
- 12 yrs Bus driver –Great Falls Transit
- 2 yrs School bus driver
- 8 yrs Great Falls City Commission
- 72 yrs School of Hard Knocks
- Faith Lutheran Church
- Skunk Wagon Antique Car Club
- Treasure State Fly Wheelers
- Hunting, fishing and shooting
- Collecting antique tools, shop memorabilia/advertising, and guns
- Collecting and restoring antique cars, trucks and Massey Harris tractors
- Public Safety – Support Police and Fire to make sure they have the tools they need to do their job.
- Utilities – Continue providing clean water and dependable sewer at affordable rates.
- Community Development – Review policy and requirements for home and business construction. Expansion and remodeling business plans to bring good paying jobs to the area.
Issues that Great Falls is facing
- Crime – Personal property theft and damages. Drugs seem to be a major driving force for theft and violent crimes.
- Deferred infrastructure maintenance – repairs of fire stations and other city buildings need to be addressed. Applying for grants to cover some or all of the costs and possibly use some of the Covid-19 monies to offset costs.
- Air Force Missile upgrade – will increase affordable housing shortages.
- Additional Fire coverage – our city has grown to the point that we need to build and man at least one new fire station.
- Additional Police Officers – additional officers are needed to stem the flow of theft, illegal drugs, trafficking and other crimes.